At Ireleth St Peter's, the children participate in weekly RE lessons.
As directed by Carlisle Diocese, Christianity takes the main theme of our RE lessons (2/3rds) with planned time (1/3rd) to explore other faiths
Long Term Overview
RE Statement of Entitlement
Daily worship takes place and follows the Christian values chosen by our school.
Local Clergy members visit our school regularly to lead worship and the school also visits St Peter's Church at various times during the year to celebrate and remember keys events in the Christian calendar.
Throughout the year, the children have the opportunity to plan and lead their own Collective Worship.
Collective Worship Policy
Small schools are unique because of their ‘family feel’. Having fewer children means each child and their family are well known within the school community. This is especially so of St Peter’s. Our older children have always nurtured those in the lower year groups and, each year, pupils who join us in Reception are very soon confident and comfortable in their interactions with all children and staff alike. To celebrate this strength of our school we split into ‘Family groups’ every Friday afternoon.
Family Group Aims:
- For pupils to grow a close bond with other children outside of their classrooms.
- To increase purposeful interactions of pupils between the classes.
- For pupils to develop a close relationship with an adult other than their class teacher.
- For our pupils to develop a sense of responsibility for others.
- To facilitate opportunities for our pupils to care for, support and be considerate towards pupils outside of their immediate friendship groups.
Family Group Activities:
- There will be various opportunities created each term for family groups to meet for discussion, work together on collaborative tasks or meet for worship. Examples include:
- A day spent working in our families during themes weeks e.g Science week. Anti-Bullying week etc.
- A lesson spent with our families on themed days e.g World Book Day, Children in Need etc
- Collective Worship in family groups led by the adult or by older children.
- Sport competitions between families
- Art projects
- Whole school trips
We also have a Family Group display at Ireleth St Peter's Church...
Valuing All God's Children
Vision for Education